A spa day on a hen party can be one of the best ideas the maid of honor can have. There are so many benefits of a spa day for both the body and mind. A perfect opportunity to not feel guilty about doing nothing all day. Planning a wedding can be stressful and the bride to be needs time where she can fully shut off from the wedding planner life. Below is a list of benefits from including a spa day on the hen weekend.
1. Perfect skin – Your skin will be glowing and feeling fresher than ever before from the steam rooms, saunas and a potential salt scrub if you wish to pamper yourselves. Get rid of all that dead skin so that your make-up can look the best it can be on your wedding day.
2. Keep calm and go to a spa – Everything about a spa from the lighting, aromas and treatments are designed to make you feel calm, relaxed and chilled out. So, if all you think about is table plans, guests, themes and anything else wedding related that’s stressing you out, a spa day is exactly what is needed.
3. Me time: A spa day gives you time to self-reflect. Being overwhelmed by everything that goes into planning a wedding is completely normal, but we sometimes forget how to have our own time to think about other things or ourselves. A spa typically follows the rules of no phones, Wi-Fi zones and no laptops so that you can really switch off from the outside world.
4. Health: Saunas and steam rooms are great for opening your airways, helping colds, sore throats and asthma.
5. Treatments: Of course, having any treatments at the spa makes it that little more relaxing from facials to full body massages. This can relieve any stress build up that every bride to be will have (and for all the hens for putting up with the bride to be when she is stressed).
6. Remove toxins: The steam and sauna rooms also help to sweat out those unwanted toxins. A spa day is great if you’ve done that little too much indulging over the Christmas season, birthdays or January in general. Get to the spa for a detox!
7. Bonding: A spa day can be a great way for everyone in the hen party to get together and socialise as one big group. That way old school friends, work colleagues and family members can all get to know each other a lot better.
8. Ready to party: Finally, feel energised and ready to hit the city and party all night with your favourite ladies!
Date Posted: Friday 1st February 2019
Author: Charlotte Sneddon